Featured in Runner's World as a Great Race to Start the New Year! This New Year’s Day, resolve to run, eat pancakes and have a blast with family and friends! This race features a pancake breakfast with beer, Bloody Mary's w/ Belle of Dayton Vodka, Mimosas, coffee, OJ and fruit. There are races for everyone, unique finisher medals and stylish tees. Come celebrate the New Year running with us!
- Fun Themed Race for Everyone in the Family including the Beast 3-Race Challenge
- Pancake Breakfast at TJ Chumps in Miamisburg with Pancakes, Fruit, Orange Juice, Coffee, Beer, Mimosas and Bloody Marys w/ Belle of Dayton Vodka!
- Photo Booth & Professional In-Race Photos!
- Pancake Finisher Medals to first 450 Registered in any Race and Beast Finisher Medal to first 100 Registered for Beast 3-Race Challenge!
- Stylish Lifestyle tees in Men’s & Women’s Cut with Option for Long Sleeve!
- Pricing for all Budgets & Portion of Race Proceeds Support Local Charities!
Timed Races: Half Marathon (13.1 Miles), 10k (6.2 miles), 5k (3.1 miles), 1-Mile & The Beast 3-Race Challenge (do the 1-mile, 5k and 10k for a total of 10.3 miles)
Time Limit: There is a 3-hour and 30-minute time limit (8:30am-12:00pm) on the half marathon. Timing ends at 12:00pm. If you are unable to complete the race in this time, please pick a shorter race option.
Course Maps & Directions
Race Course Maps
- Registration and Post-Race Party will be at TJ Chumps: 12 E. Linden Ave., Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
- The race start and finish line will be at Miamisburg Community Park at 550 First St. in Miamisburg, Ohio, which is a short walk from TJ Chumps.
- To get to the park from TJ Chumps
- Head east on E. Linden Ave. toward S. 1st St.
- Turn right onto S. 1st St.
- The park will be about a ¼ mile down on your left.
- Runners will complete an out and back course loop that starts and finishes in Miamisburg Community Park. The course uses the Miamisburg Park Path and the Mound business park. The course is mostly flat and is hosted on paved roads and surfaces. There is a small hill on the 10k and half marathon course. Half Marathon runners will do the course loop 2 times.
- There is a 3.5-hour time limit on the half marathon. Timing ends at 1:00pm. If you are unable to complete the race in 3.5 hours, please pick a shorter race option.
Dec. 31st Early Packet Pickup
- 3-5 p.m. early packet pickup at TJ Chumps. You have the option to use your drink ticket during this time too.
Jan. 1st Race Day
- 7:00-9:45 a.m.: Registration
- 8:30 a.m.: Half Marathon Start
- 9:00 a.m.: 1-mile Start
- 9:20 a.m.: 5K Start
- 10:00 a.m.: 10K Start
- 12:00 p.m.: Timing Ends - If you cannot complete your race by this time, please choose a shorter race option.
Race Shirts: You can pick a short-sleeve lifestyle tees with an option to upgrade to a long-sleeve tee. There is a choice between Men’s Cut & Women’s Cut. To be guaranteed a race tee, you must register at least 2 weeks in advance of the race.
Awesome Finisher Medals: These are given to the first 450 in Any Race! Plus Beast Finisher Medals are given to the first 100 in that race.
Post Race Party: After the race, all finishers will be provided a post-race breakfast at TJ Chumps in Miamisburg, that includes Pancakes, Fruit, Orange Juice, Milk, Water, Coffee, Beer, Mimosas and Bloody Marys w/ Belle of Dayton Vodka!
Parking and Restrooms: There will be parking available at Miamisburg Community Park, Miamisburg Riverfront Park, and on the streets of Miamisburg. There will be restrooms available at TJ Chumps, Miamisburg Community Park and Miamisburg Riverfront Park.
In-Race Photos & Photo Booth: We will have a photographer out on course to take your pictures while you race. Then after your race you can pose with your friends, family and team at our FREE photo booth. We will post all pictures on Facebook after the race for you to like, tag and share!
Inclement & Cold Weather: Our race is scheduled in Ohio on January 1st. Cold weather, snow, ice, and freezing wind chills could be a part of the race day weather. Please prepare for these conditions. Dress warmly! Clothing should provide an internal layer that allows evaporation of sweat with minimal absorption, a middle layer that provides insulation, and a removable external layer that is wind and water resistant and allows for evaporation of moisture. Toes, fingers, ears, and skin should be protected the most. Remove wet clothing as soon as practical and replace with dry, clean items. If you are doing multiple races, it is advised you have dry clothes to change into following each race. In between races, please return to your cars or other designated warmer stations to get out of the cold. In the case of inclement weather, cold temperatures or excessive snow, the following event changes may be made: (1) Races may be shortened, delayed or have a time limit imposed. (2) Aid stations may be self-service with water and sport drink. (3) Aid stations may not play music or have decorations. (4) As a VERY LAST RESORT the race may be canceled and will not be rescheduled. (5) Refunds cannot be give under any circumstances.
Event Pricing: Pricing Points: (1) September; (2) October; (3) November - December; (4) Packet Pickup and Race Day. Everyone enjoys post-race party with photos, food, drinks, and a super fun race!
- All ages Fun Run: Does NOT include timing, event shirt, or finisher medal = $20
- All ages, 1-Mile Race: Includes Swag and Timing = $30-35-40 & Race Day 45*
- All ages, 5K Race: Includes Swag and Timing = $35-40-45 & Race Day 50*
- All ages, 10K Race: Includes Swag and Timing = $40-45-50 & Race Day 55*
- The Beast 3-Race Challenge (10.3 miles: Run the 1-mile, 5k & 10k): Includes Swag, Timing, Pancake & Beast Finisher Medals = $60-65-70 & Race Day 75*
- Half Marathon: Includes Swag and Timing = $85-90-95 & Race Day 100*
NOTE: Registration is not refundable under any circumstances. Those registering for the low-cost race option do not receive event timing, event tee, and finisher medal. Everyone receives post-race meal and drink. If you skip the event tee you can save $5; upgrade to long-sleeve tee for $. All racers who are pushed, pulled or carried are FREE and do not need to register. Any free registration does not include timing, swag or post race meal and drink.
Directions to TJ Chumps: 12 East Linden Ave. in Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
From East: Take Rt. 725 West from I-75 (Dayton Mall Area). Follow to Historic Downtown Miamisburg (about 3 miles). Once you cross First St., proceed around market square turning left onto Main St. (one-way street). Go about one block and TJ Chumps is on the left corner of Main St. and Linden Ave.
From West: If you are on Rt. 725 heading East, turn right onto Main St. and proceed to Linden Ave., turn left. TJ Chumps on the right, corner of Linden Ave. and Main St.
From North: Go South on old Dixie Dr. from West Carrollton. Stay on Dixie as it becomes Main St., TJ Chumps is on the left corner of Main St. and Linden Ave. in Downtown Miamisburg.
From South: Go North on Dayton-Cincinnati Pk. from Franklin. Follow to Downtown Miamisburg. Turn left on Linden Ave., TJ Chumps on the left corner of Linden Ave. and Main St.